The Musings of a Woman Behind Bars.....

I have no idea what I'm doing half the time. Just want to be clear on that. But there are a few indisputable things I've learned that I'd like to share.

The power of toast is greatly underrated.
Your bed is the most accurate psychologist you'll ever have.
And finally... well let's leave that for another time.

I've actually spent way too much time developing an entire "theory of life" around those, one that explains everything except how one fabric softener sheet can sashay around inside the dryer and get every little inch of laundry soft. Just one. WTF? But those deep thoughts are explained elsewhere on the web in random musings I scatter about on other blogs like a cheap, shameless cyber-lawn sprinkler.

"Impossible," you say. "Those indisputable things explain nothing."

Whatever. I bet you're the person who likes to party with the fifth dentist who was overthinking the whole Trident recommendation. So let me assure you, the mysterious third Great Thought explains a lot. Really pulls the whole thing together.

For now, here are some links and 'net finds that I hope will entertain you as they have me. The purpose of this particular blog of mine is simply to serve as an online trough for links people are always asking me to give them. Again. And "once more, please. "

So here you go people. I hope you are able to waste as much time with these as I have.

scroll

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Smells Like Paul Anka...

    Rock Swings- Paul Anka

    One of my NEW FAVORITE THINGS! Paul Anka- yes, I know, I too was shocked he made my very elusive NFT list as well- doing covers (and good ones!) of such alternative hits as "Mr. Brightside" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit." When I put the latter on my myspace site as the profile song, the response was outstanding.

    Toss this in the CD tray at a party and it's a guaranteed showstopper. Just grab your martini and watch as people's expressions change once they begin to realize they recognize the song he's singing. It's like all brain motion stops for a nanosecond while their minds struggle to absorb the dichotomy. Fabulous.

    Check out Paul singing "Smells Like Teen Spirit" on YouTube. I don't care what kind of music you usually listen to- hearing Anka croon "Oh no! I know a dirty word!" is titter-worthy.

    Smells Like Teen Spirit Video


    Come stalk me on ThisNext if you're bored. TatorandTots on ThisNext

    Me Shoot Pretty One Day: Favorite Photography Blogs

    Stuck in Customs HDR Photography Blog {Trey Ratcliff}

    Feed Me

    Freakonomics

    Media Caffeine

    Mental Floss

    Pointless Banter

    that's my answer!

    BPS Research Digest

    Quotes

    Quotes
    "It's better to die standing than live on your knees."
    Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.
    Not all who wander are lost.
    Save The Whales. Collect The Whole Set!
    Talk only if you can improve on the silence.
    Women fly when men aren’t watching.
    Little piece of advice. Your honker's cute in person. Peephole? Not your friend.
    I'm sorry, did I interupt you eating your baby?
    I'm allergic to felt.
    While you're at it, why don't you become a superhero? Captain Neck Fat.
    Take a SWAG at it- Scientific Wild-Ass Guess.....
    I didn't see anything but the Tweetie Bird on his ass.....
    Oh my God. It's finally happened. The Botox has seeped into your brain.
    Follow the bread crumbs, Gretel.
    First I was victimized by a grizzly. And now you.
    This is even more disturbing than your bag full of Mommy.
    Always be sure they have their meds before you do anything else.
    It takes a dark night to bring out the stars.
    "If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than it was because he was he and I was I." Michel Montaigne
    I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way-- things I had no words for". -Georgia O'Keeffe
    The mind is like a parachute -it works best when it is open.
    "None. None more black...."
    If we only used things for their intended purpose, we would not be where we are today.
    I knew it was too bad to be true....
    "--Love doesn't end because we no longer see each other. People go on all their lives loving God, don't they, without ever seeing Him.
    --That's not my kind of love.
    --Maybe there's no other kind."
    --I'm jealous of everything that moves. I'm jealous of the rain. "The End of the Affair"
    A hero ain't nothing but a sandwich.

    Where are they from? God only knows. Randomly overheard, uttered by clever (and often inebriated) friends, my own lacking-7 second-delay mouth, Scrubs, Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Monty Python.... pretty much a hodgepodge.

    LifeClever ;-) Tips for Design and Life

    zen habits

    Big Huge Blog

    del.icio.us/tag/personaldevelopment

    lifehack.org

    How to Host a Dexter Party

    How  to Host a "Dexter"  Party

    A cool Halloween theme for a bloody good time.

    See more of my How to Host a "Dexter" Party list at ThisNext.

    Urban Dictionary Word of the Day

    FriendFeed widget